Friday, April 13, 2012

The Wood Duck Diaries

Since the Human Race or should I say gut check training has been going well. I ran on some new trails in Lebanon Hills Park, the eastern most portion. There is a 2.1 mile or so loop around a lake that is perfect for workouts. The goal is to try and get a workout on those trails once a week or every other week. 

Another positive are my races from last weekend. Last Saturday I went up to Bunker Hills park on the north side of the cities to run the Bunker Hills 2 mile and 8k. The goal was to get in a hard effort in the 2 mile (junk in the legs) then come back and try to run goal marathon pace in teh 8k (5:50) pace. I ended up running 10:35 for the 2 mile (no splits) and 28:14 for the 8k (5:41 pace with a 5:22 3rd mile) I took first in the 2 mile by 7 secs and was runner up in the 8k with the same time as the winner.

After winning the 2 mile was cooling down with 2nd place when he told me he was doing the 8k as well. We decided to have a gentleman's agreement that if we were way up front at the finish he could win the 8k and that way we both went home with a first place. It worked out well and it is always amazing the nice people you meet at smaller races when compared with the big one.

The next 2 races are Trail Mix 4x12.5k team race next weekend and the Chippewa 50k the last Saturday of April. I am going to try and get better at posting at least once ultimatly twice week with some tips and insites on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment